Thursday 3 May 2012

Animation – path constraints & dummy


The first thing I did was group the object together in order to manage them better.  Then I had to adjust the size to make it look realistic.  I made the building bigger.  The picture below is the result:


Using the path constraints I drew and adjusted a path using breeze to make it smoother:



I then applied dummy to see how it plays out.  The dummy is located in the create, helpers tab as the picture below demonstrates.



I then linked the man and glider to the dummy:

The next thing I did was check on follow and bank (motion tab) and slightly increase the bank so that it would bank slightly harder to the right.


Alternative
I thought about using the biped as a replacement for the person, but due to the fact that I’m running out of time, again, I felt it was the right decision to stick with the other model. Despite my slow start I felt that I have achieved the storyboard’s objective.  Especially, the part where the glider takes off from the building and pretends to fall.  The basic outline of the animation is done.  Now I have to animate and show how the person flies the glider.  It might be that I will have to use the biped as it will involve the person trying to fly and this moving his/her hand and feet, the model that I did will probably not be able to do that as it is too rigid.

No comments:

Post a Comment